The Group has reasserted in Ethics Charter its commitments to the respect of core values and principles as well as human rights as defined in:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights ;
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights ;
- The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights;
- The Eight Core Conventions of the International Labour Organization (ILO)
It has also signed the 10 principles of United Nations Global Compact since 2009 and other principles such as the “Women’s Empowerment Principles” of UN Women in 2016.
It is supporting the 17 sustainable development goals, especially no 5 in favour of gender equality; objective 8 on decent employment and economic growth; objective 12 on responsible consumption and production.
As a founding Member of business and human rights, Casino Group is supporting multisector initiatives which help identify and prevent any risks of violations of Human Rights, for the health and safety of workers and any serious damages to the environment.
It supports and participates in multi-stakeholder work:
- For the Consumer Good Forum led by the GSCP (Global Social Compliance Program) of which it has been a member since 2007 ; the resolution of the CGF for the fight against forced labour ; as well as the “Cerrado Manifesto statement of support” for the protection of the Cerrado in Brazil to prevent deforestation ;
- For the French ICS (Initiative for Compliance and Sustainability), of which the Group has been a member since 2000 and whose audit protocol is used in order to monitor and improve social and environmental conditions in the production facilities;
- For the agreement on Fire and Building Safety since 2012 in order to support collective work to improve safety conditions in factories in Bangladesh, and take into consideration the specificities of this country ;
- Of ABVTEX, in Brazil, initiative which gathers major players of general purpose and specialised distribution, in order to monitor and improve manufacturing conditions in Brazil.
The Group is supporting the implementation of harmonized and demanding standards at national and international level in order to improve the social and environmental conditions of manufacturing in the Supply Chain.
In 2018, 1 460 ICS audits were performed in plants involved in the production of private-label products for the Group, among which 71 % were directly commissioned by the Group.
Duty of Care
The Law of 27th March 2017 establishes a duty of care for parent companies and instructing companies.
As part of its ethical commitments, Casino Group has implemented a warning and whistleblowing mechanism regarding potential risks of serious violations of Human Rights, fundamental freedoms, Health and Safety of people as well as the environment created by its activities, the companies it manages and its supply chain.
Any report relating to the Laws here above mentioned must be made to Casino Group by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org