This is the most common form of share ownership.
A financial intermediary of your choice manages and handles transactions in your shares on a daily basis.
The shares are not registered in your name. Holding shares in bearer form allows all of the shares in your portfolio to be managed by a single intermediary.
Directly registered shares
Your shares and your name are recorded in Casino’s share register, allowing the Group to establish personal contact with you directly.
Your shares are managed by you and held in your name in a registered share account at BNP Paribas Securities Services, which is responsible for managing securities services on behalf of Casino.
By holding shares in directly registered form, you avoid custody fees and certain routine administration fees such as:
- fees for transferring shares or converting shares to bearer form;
- fees related to dividend payments;
- fees related to share transactions (share issues, etc.).
Indirectly registered shares
Your shares continue to be registered by your financial intermediary, who acts as custodian and manager for the shares.
Indirectly registered shares are managed in a similar way to bearer shares. Your intermediary must inform BNP Paribas Securities Services if your shares are converted to indirectly registered form. This type of share ownership allows Casino to identify you and establish personal contact with you directly.
For more information on converting your shares to registered form or on managing your shares, please contact the Registered Shareholders Relations department at:
BNP PARIBAS SECURITIES SERVICES – GCT
Grands Moulins de Pantin
9, Rue du Débarcadère
93761 PANTIN Cedex
Phone: +33 (0)1 40 14 31 00 (8.45am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday)
Fax: +33 (0)1 55 77 34 17
Benefits of holding registered shares
Benefits of holding (directly or indirectly) registered shares
Holders of registered shares automatically receive direct and personalised information such as:
- group information documents (Annual Report, Sustainable Development Report, Shareholder’s Handbook, Letter to Shareholders, etc.);
- notices of Meeting for AGMs;
- voting forms;
- attendance card requests.
Holders of registered shares can also easily attend Annual General Meetings (no need to provide a certificate of share ownership – attestation de participation).
Shares held in registered form for at least four years (date to date) carry double voting rights.
Additional benefit of holding directly registered shares
No custody or administration fees.
Unlike for indirectly registered shares, Casino pays custody and routine administration fees for directly registered shares.
Applying for registered shares
- If you currently hold bearer shares and would like to convert them to directly or indirectly registered form, just ask your financial intermediary to contact BNP Paribas Securities Services.
- If you are not yet a Casino shareholder but would like to purchase directly registered shares, you have to sign a new share account agreement with BNP Paribas Securities Services.
Templates for letters allowing you to apply for registered shares in a DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY REGISTERED ACCOUNT or to open a share account, can be obtained by calling BNP Paribas Securities Services on +33 (0)1 40 14 31 00 (8.45am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday).