Sustained organic growth over the full year and in the fourth quarter.
Full-year 2017 sales amounted to €37.8bn, up +5.0% in total, +3.2% on an organic basis and +2.4% on a same-store basis.
Q4 2017 sales stood at €10.0bn, up +3.2% on an organic basis and +2.0% on a same-store basis.
In France, Q4 same-store sales showed a slight increase (+0.3%), with food sales posting same-store growth of +1.3%.
Including the performance of Cdiscount, sales recorded same-store growth of +1.5% in France
- Monoprix delivered organic growth of +1.2% in Q4, with stable customer traffic
- Same-store sales at Casino Supermarkets grew +0.6%
- Franprix saw a +2.7% organic rise in sales, incorporating strong expansion momentum and same-store growth of +0.5%
- For Géant, same-store food sales were up +2.8% after a +2.6% growth in Q4 2016
- Cdiscount continued to implement its strategic plan, posting same-store growth of +9.2% and +7.9%, respectively, in sales and GMV
- Non-food sales in France (Géant and Cdiscount combined) climbed +4.5% on a same store basis in Q4 and +4.2% over full-year 2017
In Latin America, Q4 sales picked up +5.5% on an organic basis, in a context marked by decelerating food inflation:
- GPA Food posted organic sales growth of +7.5% in Q4, driven by a dynamic Cash & Carry format
- Organic sales were up at Exito, reflecting the development of Cash & Carry, a format better suitedto the economic conditions.
- 2018-01-17 - PR - Q4 2017 Sales (pdf 836.9 ko)