Pioneer in French-style convenience retail, Monoprix is rethinking the Monop’ concept to fulfil the transformation of consumption models in metropolises. Thanks to a model combining human and digital technology, this 250 m² store, located 3 rue de Marseille, in the 10th District in Paris, was created to fulfil the new expectations and needs of consumers.
This new concept is based on the fundamental pillars of convenience retail. The 250m² store offers 4 000 products, among which 300 are available outside of opening hours thanks to an autonomous area open all night.
Among these products, Monop’ customers can take advantage of an ultra-fresh product offer and a large range of loose pick-and-mix food and non-food products. E-commerce solutions and a series of innovative services are also made available to city dwellers to make their daily lives easier:
- “Monoprix du jour” (Monoprix of the day): local products, a « market » selection with seasonal products, freshly-cut meats, fresh flowers of the day, breads baked all day long, as well as a large offer of ready meals to eat on site or take away;
- “Je suis en vrac” (I am loose): original collaborations with Gallia beers, Carambar & Co sweets, Briochin cleaning products, Petty Well pet pellets, Les 2 Vaches yoghurts or even coffee… ;
- “Je m’appelle Reviens” (I am called « Come back »): a free loan service for appliances or daily objects to encourage more responsible consumption (a raclette appliance, a printer or even an electric guitar for instance!);
- “La Station” (the Station): a large selection of items for cyclists ;
- “La Santé au Quotidien” (Daily health): a great selection of beauty products, food supplements, CBD-based products…;
- E-commerce: delivery service in less than 30 minutes with Monop’eat, Click & Collect.
With this new concept, Monop’ is becoming more than ever an actor in neighbourhood life: closer, more supportive and more responsible. In partnership with Ulule, Monop’ rue de Marseille supports local associations by organising food and clothes collections with Ecotextile, Linkee and Too good To Go.
This concept was created to unite together the best of both worlds. Both physical and digital, this store keeps its double promise of sensoriality and practicality. It is also a place for human relations, as much for the quality of the welcome as the services offered. We put together within 250 m² the best know-how and commitments of Monoprix, therefore demonstrating our capacity to reinvent all our formats and get us involved in public interest causes.
Jean-Paul MOCHET, CEO of Monoprix.